Professional Billboard Designs Required
Because we want you to be successful,we require that your billboard design be done by a professional. If you don’t have a trusted designer or much of a design budget, don’t worry — we have two low-cost design solutions for you.
- Hire a designer on your own. There are a couple of recommended options at the bottom of this page.
Be Clear and Concise
Your content will only be visible for a few seconds at a time. Good billboard designs communicate without a lot of words. In fact, most drivers will stop reading after
Due to drivers’ short attention spans, use large, bold fonts and avoid narrow or ornate fonts. Use bright colors with a high level of contrast between the text and the background so your ad is easier to read.
Design to Size
The ads you submit must match the pixel dimensions of the billboards they will appear on. Billboard dimensions vary by board. The required dimensions for your artwork are listed as “ad size” in the sign information for each sign individually. This information can be found after you select a sign during the campaign set-up process as shown below.
Please save your ads as .png or .jpg in order to upload them to our system.
Know the Rules
All content is reviewed before it is eligible to appear on any billboard. Artwork will only be approved it it meets the following criteria. Additionally, individual billboard owners can reject any content at their discretion.
- No nudity, profanity, graphic violence, hate speech, or personal attacks.
- No advertising for illegal goods or services.
- No statements that are verifiably false or needlessly inflammatory.
- No footnotes, disclaimers, or “fine print” of any kind.
- The identity of the advertiser must be discernible.
- No pure white backgrounds (RGB 235, 235, 235 or darker is OK).
- No script or cursive fonts.
- All text must be legible (see “Be Bold” section above).
- Artwork must be professionally designed and follow sound design principles.
- Content must match the pixel dimensions of the target billboards.
Need Help with a Billboard Design?
Have us design an ad for you within 24 hours for $50, or check out the other resources listed below:
Call us at 801.692.3217 or contact us here.