Professional Billboard Designs Required
Because we want you to be successful, we require that your billboard ad is designed by a professional. If you don’t have a trusted designer or much of a design budget, don’t worry—you can have us design an ad for you in 24 hours for only $50.
Tips to Create an Impactful Billboard Design
Be Clear and Concise
Your content will only be visible for a few seconds at a time. Good billboard designs communicate without a lot of words. In fact, most drivers will stop reading after five words. Try to convey the essence of an idea rather than describing it with prose.
Due to drivers’ short attention spans, use large, bold fonts and avoid narrow or ornate fonts. Use bright colors with a high level of contrast between the text and the background so your ad is easier to read.
Use the Correct Ad Size(s)
The billboards you choose will determine the size of the artwork that you will need to create.
The ads you submit must match the pixel dimensions of the billboards they will appear on. Billboard dimensions vary by board. The required dimensions for your artwork are listed as “ad size” in the sign information for each sign individually. This information can be found after you select a sign during the campaign set-up process.
Use the Right Format
Please save your ads as .png or .jpg in order to upload them to your campaign.
The Rules of Billboard Designs
All content is reviewed before it is eligible to appear on any billboard. Artwork will only be approved it it meets the following criteria. Additionally, individual billboard owners can reject any content at their discretion.
- No nudity, profanity, graphic violence, hate speech, or personal attacks.
- No advertising for illegal goods or services.
- No statements that are verifiably false or needlessly inflammatory.
- No footnotes, disclaimers, or “fine print” of any kind.
- The identity of the advertiser must be discernible.
- Ad must be for something, rather than against something.
- All political ads must have a clear and legible “Paid for by…” statement.
- No pure white backgrounds (RGB 235, 235, 235 or darker is OK).
- No script or cursive fonts.
- All text must be legible (see “Be Bold” section above).
- Artwork must be professionally designed and follow sound design principles.
- Content must match the pixel dimensions of the target billboards.