Consumers will be out on the roads traveling for Spring Break! Follow them outside with your next billboard advertising campaign.
March has arrived, which means it’s time to pull out those suitcases and bathing suits to gear up for spring break! As consumers gear up for travel, your business can prepare to reach consumers on the road through billboard advertising. Vacasa found that more than half (56%) of Americans are planning to travel this spring season, with 37% traveling during spring break, an 8% increase from Spring Break travel in 2021.
Let’s take a closer look at what fun we can expect for the upcoming travel season:
- Of those planning to travel, 86% of Hybrid workers, 75% of Millennials, and 63% of parents are most likely to be packing their bags this spring.
- The number of people planning to vacation with friends rather than a partner/children jumped from 16% in 2021 to 23% this year.
- With a few international travel restrictions still in place, 75% of Americans are planning domestic trips and 23% are arranging staycations, while only 18% are heading international.
- When asked the main reason for vacationing this spring season, 43% of travelers say they are needing a change of scenery and/or company, and 40% reported they have been cooped up at home for too long.
- 43% plan to visit a new destination this spring, while only 38% are returning to a previous vacation spot.
Source: Vacasa – Allison+Partners Research + Insights surveyed 1,000 individuals over the age of 18 in the United States. The survey was fielded using the Qualtrics Insight Platform, and the panel was sourced from Lucid. Fielding was executed in January 2022.
Where are Consumers Traveling?
While the spring vacation opportunities are endless, there are a few destinations that are trending this spring travel season.
Beaches and warm-weather destinations are obvious destinations for many spring break travelers! As you set up your billboard campaigns, it’s a good idea to advertise on signs near popular beaches as well as warm-weather destinations like Phoenix, San Diego, Florida, Texas and North/South Carolina.
If you’re seeking to target the adventurous consumer, advertising on billboards closest to National Parks and ski resorts is another great way to reach spring break travelers. While some consumers are choosing the beach, others are choosing to travel to the slopes. Billboards in cities like Salt Lake City or Denver are sure to reach those making their way up to the mountains.
In addition, consumers are enjoying city travel again. With so many cities shut down from the pandemic, restrictions are finally lifting and cities are reopening. New York is a very popular destination this year, and many Americans are planning weekend trips to New York City. According to the New York Times, “The travel booking site Skyscanner reports that New York City is its top booked domestic destination so far in 2022 and the online travel agency Expedia has had a 13 percent increase in searches for New York City.”
Lucky for you, Blip has a digital billboard in Times Square! Perfect for reaching consumers that are headed to the Big Apple. You can learn more about our Times Square board here.
Start Your Spring Billboard Campaigns
If you’re looking to reach spring break travelers, now is the time to start your next billboard advertising campaign! With people getting out of their houses and out on the roads, it’s the perfect opportunity to reach consumers with billboard advertising. If you’re interested in setting up a billboard campaign for the entire spring season, our 3-month subscription plans are the perfect option. These plans entitle you to bonus ad credit, billboard designs, and more, allowing you to get the most out of your billboard campaigns. To start your spring subscription plan, click here.